HeartSavers First Aid Online Class & Skills Session
American Heart Association
Certification Cards Assigned Day of Class
Online HeartSavers First Aid Course *Includes All Material plus Skills Check.*
You will receive your AHA certification card at the end of your Skills Check!
This course has 2 components: an online portion and an instructor-led classroom portion.
This Heartsaver First Aid courseis in a blended-learning format. Upon completion of the online portion, students participate in a hands-on session featuring skills practice and testing. Successful completion of both the online and hands-on portions, including skills practice and testing with a certified American Heart Association BLS or Heartsaver Instructor, qualifies students for a Heartsaver First Aid provider course card. The online program includes audio, video, and interactive activities. PC and Mac® compatible.
Course Overview:This course is designed to prepare students to provide first aid in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- list the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescuer
- describe the key steps in first aid
- describe the assessment of and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- use an epinephrine pen
- control bleeding
- recognize elements of common injuries and illnesses
- recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
Upon successful completion of the course, including a first aid skills demonstration and a CPR and AED skills test, students receive a Heartsaver First Aid course completion card that is valid for two years.